Saturday, April 13, 2013

Is Your Life Centered Around Our Savior? Your Children Can Tell You!

Dearest Mothers,

Is your life centered around our Savior?

How often are we praising our Lord Jesus Christ throughout the day? How often do our children hear His praises during the day?

If children see parents getting excited and thrilled about movies, things on the computer such as,YouTube and other vast amount of entertainment and information offered, videos, sports, activities etc. . . and yet when it comes to the things of God they observe a ritual and duty performed with no joy nor excitement, then what are parents communicating to their children? What then will the children want to do if they see no life nor joy in the things of God? Will they not choose the things that please the flesh and mind, things that are forever empty and useless for all eternity?

So I ask you dear mothers, are you excited about the things of God? Does the name of Jesus Christ the Lord thrill your soul?

If not- I will ask you a question- Why not?

Are you saved? Are you a child of the living God through His Son the Lord Jesus Christ? Are you born again? If you are truly His own and yet are not thrilled about Him I must tell you- there is something wrong- But there is an answer for you- Go to Him and ask Him, "What is wrong, why am I not excited about You?"

Ask God to reveal to you anything in your life that might be offending Him. Ask Him for cleansing through the blood of His Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ. Ask Him for joy and excitement about Him, ask Him  to make you real inside and genuine before Him in your heart. Ask Him to make the deepest intent of your heart be that He will be glorified!  God does the work in us through His Spirit- He gives the true and genuine fruit of His Spirit. Ask, Seek, Knock! *Pursue the knowledge of the Lord our God.

Children notice what pleases their Parents. This too is part of training your child for God. Your genuine love for the Son, Jesus Christ will impress your child's mind and heart to desire to have what you have as they see the living epistle of God in your life.
Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. (2 Corinthians 3:2-3)
 


The Song, "Be Thou My Vision" speaks of a heart that is centered around the Savior-

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul's Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of heaven, my victory won,
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heaven's Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

To listen go here:
https://songsandhymns.org/hymns/lyrics/be-thou-my-vision
History Of Writer

Dearest Mother, This life will soon pass- How are you investing your time for Jesus in raising your children for Him? Eternally? or Temporally?

"One life will soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

In His love,
Sarah

*Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up. After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight. Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth. (Hosea 6:1-3)
 


No comments: