Saturday, January 3, 2009

Are Your Children A Delight To Be Around?

"Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest;
yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul. "


Oh mothers! How wonderful it is to be around children that obey and are happy!
Where are the happy obedient children? In godly homes where children know their boundaries and are secure in the love of discipline and are taught the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.

There is NO exception to this rule! I have heard too many mothers complain that their children just do not listen and no matter how many times they spank, the children still do not obey.
They have not gotten to the heart of the matter. . . that is, the child's heart.


Will children that are given the world; television, movies, video games, friends of various types, Sunday school, public school, baby sitters, left alone, unsupervised, put to the side, ignored. . . will they be happy obedient children? If they fit into any of the above categories, it will be very difficult to train the child to be godly and obedient. Such a child will learn the ways of the world, and will delight in the sin of the world. Such a child will not be a delight to be around!

Are your children a delight to be around?
Are you?


The most important way to achieve a happy and obedient child, is in the obedience of the mother herself to authority. Let us examine our own hearts and see what areas of our lives there is rebellion against God and bring these before God in repentance. We then can have a clearer path to understand how to teach our dear children to obey authority.

Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isa. 58:14



TIME and WORK and COMMITMENT

Do I want a happy child?
A child that is a delight?
Yes! a child that smiles,
And then obeys,
A child who loves the right?

Then I must pray,
Oh pray for God to show,
Just how I should teach,
Just how I should love,
Just how to let them know.

Oh for Time to teach them!
It's something of the heart!
I must forsake the lesser,
Invest into the better,
God help me do my part!

Oh the Work to teach them!
It's not a simple thing!
God gives the strength,
Such noble work! To
Teach, to play and sing!

Oh the Commitment it takes!
It's all that I can do!
Lord take my hand, teach
Me now, the perfect way,
To bring my child to You.

Oh do I Understand?
To save my life, I loose it,
To loose my life, I save it,
Lord Jesus Christ I give it,
My Life is yours to use it!



And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams. 1 Sam. 15:22

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post, as are all your posts :-) As I read this, I am applying it to my two grandchildren who visit every couple of weeks. Their parents subject them to the world's darkness through daily doses of television, movies, and video games. Lately, I've felt discouraged as I look at how limited our influence is--or so the devil would have me think! I know that the Lord is greater, surely our work is not in vain.

That's a lovely poem, did you write it? If not, do you know who did? I haven't been able to find it online.

sarah said...

Thank you so much for the encouragment Brenda.

Oh how I know the sorrow of grandchildren being taught the world. Yet Praise be to God! He does allow us in some wonderful way to point our dear ones to Jesus Christ our Lord! His work, His doing,
us. . . the vessel.

How merciful of Him!

Prayer. That is the single most effective way that God uses to reach them... and us!

sarah said...

Oh, I forgot to mention about the poem, I wrote it to the glory of God.
You are welcome to use it if you would like.

Anonymous said...

time and work and commitment... I pray that I could be a mother God wants me to be...

Unknown said...

Thank you for stopping by to visit y blog...

This is such a timely posting, thank you for sharing it. I will certainly be gleaning much as I read through those before it.

Blessings,
Deanna

Lesley said...

I'm so glad you have this blog and I am going to enjoy reading it and learning from it! :) I miss spending time with you and your family and hope you are all well and healthy. Anytime you're passing through town, you could stop by and pick up those dishes if you like. God bless you and thanks for these words of wisdom!

sarah said...

Oh the power of our God!
Natasa, that is the only way we will be good mothers, by praying for wisdom from Him and expecting and believing He will provide it!
James 1

sarah said...

Thank you for your comment, Mrs. Smith, God bless you as you raise your dear little ones for Him.

sarah said...

Hi Lesley!

Welcome! It's so good to hear from you what a pleasant surprise too!

Wonderful! I will look for a time that we can stop by soon.
God bless you! Thank you!

love to all your family!

bla said...

My Sister Sarah,

I am a fairly new Blogger and have been greatly encouraged by your blog page. I am 25 married with 3 beautiful children my oldest Zachariah is almost 3, the middle Abigail is 1 and a half, and my precious infant Kaitlyn is 7 weeks! I have started having my son memorize scripture starting with Gen 1:1. My wife is sleeping right now and I was praying and getting ready for bed when I checked my blog page and somehow the Lord led me here and I am so excited to share with my wife your page and how you have taught your childrend and how others in Christ have tought. I am also wondering how to become a subscriber to your page. I couldn't find a link anywhere. Well, I praise the Lord for you and your testimony and how you have encouraged me tonight through your page.

Thank You!

In Christ,

David John Savon Jr.

www.davidsavonjr.blogspot.com
www.youtube.nirenovas.com
Savon224@sbcglobal.net

sarah said...

Dear David John,

Your comment has delighted my heart! I give thanks to God for the wisdom He has given you, that you have already begun training your precious 3 year old, Zachariah, to memorize Scriptures.

God bless you and your wife as you train your precious children for our wonderful Lord Jesus Christ and for His glory.

I will begin praying for you all now. God moves so powerfully through the prayers of His saints. We must keep our precious children in prayer for protection and for their salvation.

It will be a joy to me for your dear wife to visit this blog. You have encouraged me so much.

Thank you!

In our Savior's love,
Sarah

(I'm not sure how you would become a subscriber, unless you go to the followers box under my testimony, "Not BY Might..." and push Follow.)