Saturday, October 10, 2009

Having Been Away For Awhile

Having been away for awhile due to illness I have missed posting here for a couple of months.
During my time of convalescence, the Lord spoke to me about weakness and faith in Him. His strength is made perfect in weakness: "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Corinthians 12:9) I have found in greater depth that God is so very faithful. Those who are His are kept by His power... we cannot keep ourselves, we are far too weak. We cannot make ourselves strong, but He will be our strength if we come to Him in faith and rely on Him. To resign ourselves to His perfect will, to submit ourselves in obedience to Him, to rest and lean on Him is a wonderful and peaceful place to be!
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)

Dear Mothers, are you resting in Him? Do you know the peace that passes all understanding?

Our children need to see us falling on our knees in prayer, or just speaking out prayer, imploring our God for help and thanking Him for every trial. They need to see the peace of God in their mothers, assured by Him that He is in control. This will make a very worthy and wonderful impact on them. The life we live before them is an example to them... how should they act or live in times of trial? Go to man? Or Go to God?
Oh let us be true and holy women of God... no compromise, no pretending... just true children of the living God, obeying His Word, doing what He says, and let them know Jesus Christ is your strength. We are needy and helpless without Jesus Christ our Lord.

May our sweet Savior bless you today as you raise your children for Him.

I hope to post more soon... Let us keep praising God always!

5 comments:

Abounding Treasures said...

Glad to see you are well enough to be back ~ I had wondered where you disappeared to :o)

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

It is good to see you back.

sarah said...

Thank you dear sisters for the encouraging comments...
I hope to be back on track very soon!
Praise God!

Simple said...

Nice to see you posting again. Thank you for the edifying post.
Blessings, Fine Linen

sarah said...

Thank you Fine Linen,
Praise God!

You are very encouraging to me!

I hope you are doing well..
How does one get invited to your blog?
love in our Savior,
Sarah